CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Photobucket

Sierra 4 Ever

Tree Planted in Sierra's Memory

Tree Planted in Sierra's Memory
Thank you Mrs. Ray, Sierra's classmates & Valrico Elementary

Sierra's Video Montage Played At Her Service - Sierra Through The Years

Friday, August 15, 2008

Arielle's Open House & Back To Work


So, Thursday night was Arielle's Open House. She is now an official student at Bloomingdale High School and me an official parent of a high schooler (how did that happen?). I graduated in a high school at Long Island that had more than a thousand students but I think Bloomingdale has more students than the Sonderling did when I went there. There are 2,300 students there. Open House was crazy and of course another special trip to Walmart to pick up more things. I bought a lot of binders but would you know it instead of 1 1/2 - 2 inch binders, 3 inch binders are the binders of choice this year. Guess what?!! they are out of 3 inch binders. I hate that because it makes me feel like an unprepared parent but I got a couple of days so hopefully I will find it.

I went to work today for a meeting. It was a bit emotional for me but all in all that went well. I have to get back to some sort of normalcy and this is my 'new' normal. I feel like I don't know anything anymore like I have to relearn everything but I guess I do and in time I'm sure I will feel more comfortable and more knowledgable (at least I hope so). I do love my job and the people I work for and I am so grateful to them for being so understanding and supportive throughout Sierra's cancer, relapse and passing. I am pretty blessed and am so thankful to them. Well that is all for now. I will post again soon. God bless you all!!!!

3 comments:

Anissa Mayhew said...

Holy cow, high school. Ariel is such a great kid and Rachael was so excited to see her Wednesday. Ya'll have a lot of love coming from our house.

I hope that with your work schedule and the kids that there is still time for us to get together soon...although we haven't done so well over the summer.

Much love,
Anissa
www.hope4peyton.org

Mum said...

Hi Mary Lynn!
I'll be thinking of you on Monday morning. Its a scary feeling isnt it?! I just want to keep Derry home, watch a little Thomas the Tank Engine, sing songs with Barney and turn back time!!
Take care honey.

josetteplank.com said...

Found your site through Anissa.

Sierra is lovely! The black and white photo of the two of you is simply breathtaking.

Site Meter

Followers

Blog Archive