CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Photobucket

Sierra 4 Ever

Tree Planted in Sierra's Memory

Tree Planted in Sierra's Memory
Thank you Mrs. Ray, Sierra's classmates & Valrico Elementary

Sierra's Video Montage Played At Her Service - Sierra Through The Years

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Dano's Open House



Okay, this is my second time typing this blog and I hope I don't acccidentally navigate away again. Dano had his Open House and I am pretty exhausted from it. We got there a bit early so I could stand on this long line to get his team t-shirt, agenda, and join the PTSA (Parent, Teacher, Student Association). After, spending $23.50 for all that and joining a raffle for a $25 gift card to Hess or for ice cream at Stone Cold Dreamery we were off to buy a new PE Uniform for $15. After all that I was thirsty and bought a bottled water for a dollar. You may be wondering what is a team t-shirt. Well, in middle school they divide up the different grades into different teams. Last year, Dano was a jaguar and had the coolest tshirt (which disappeared for a year and I will get to that mystery in a second). The shirt was black with jaguar eyes peering out and neon colored leaves on the shirt. Burns Middle School logo on the side of the sleeve in neon yellow. It was a very cool shirt. We found out he is now a cougar and we thought "great, that should be another cool looking shirt" but nope it is an ugly green shirt with the cougar's face on the front, no big deal. The jaguars shirt disappeared for a year because my father-in-law accidentally thought it was his and took it home. He came over a couple of months ago with the shirt on and I thought to myself "Did Dano give him his team shirt?" till I hear Dano tell him immediately "Hey, that's my team shirt you have on." My father-in-law found it with his things and thought it was his but also said "no wonder it felt tight." So, mystery solved no harm done even though he never got to wear it. My son's schedule is crazy and he will have to carry his books all day because there is no way he will have time to go to his locker. The craziness starts after his second class which is in the outside building from there he goes back to the main building to his science class located at the far end upstairs of the main building, then back to the outside building which is far away for geography, than back to the main building to the far end downstairs for PE, than back to the far outside building for language arts. The language arts teacher thought it was crazy to and suggested I let the Principle be aware that my son will probably be getting tardies. Too many tardies gets detentions but with his crazy schedule, what do they expect? He feels he is up for the challenge but I am going to call anyway to make them aware. We left the Open House at 9pm and ventured to Walmart to buy more supplies. They now want the kids to carry a big 3 inch binder to keep all their subjects in. All they had was white (he wanted black) but since he hates the stores he said "I will deal with it, let's go home." We got home and I put all his stuff together and ready. I got in bed by 11 pm, exhausted but did not sleep very well. Thursday night is Arielle's Open House, God give me strength!!

3 comments:

Anissa Mayhew said...

Holy cow, woman! Now you make me a little scared to head to my kids' open house Thursday. But after a trip to Target, Office Depot, Lands End and JCPenny's, if they need anything else...well, lets just hope they don't.

Love,
Anissa
www.hope4peyton.org

Proud Momma of 3 said...

I'm telling you it was crazy!!! I'm still in bed!!!

Mum said...

I wanted to leave a comment on your new blog but all I can think of to say is that I miss hanging out with you and Sierra. Everything else I could write here just sounds meaningless. :(
We talk about Sierra a lot lately and she will always hold a special place in our hearts.
Lots of love to you all.

Site Meter

Followers

Blog Archive