CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Photobucket

Sierra 4 Ever

Tree Planted in Sierra's Memory

Tree Planted in Sierra's Memory
Thank you Mrs. Ray, Sierra's classmates & Valrico Elementary

Sierra's Video Montage Played At Her Service - Sierra Through The Years

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Not Much Going On


I haven't posted in a while. I really didn't have much to talk about. Life is going one day at a time and some days are harder than others. Sierra is on our minds all of the time. I mentioned at the grief lunch that the Children's Cancer Center does once a month about me and the kids seeing the green hand towels at the zoo and at Niagara Falls. Well, the next day Mary Ann from the Children's Cancer Center (http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/) left me a voice mail that she was jogging and happened to look down and saw a green hand towel. Also, my friend Karen (Matthew's mom) was taking a walk with her son Andrew and Andrew found a green hand towel. Amazing, huh?!!

As I am writing this the news is on and guess who is speaking...Dr. Wynn!! Sierra was in love with Dr. Wynn. A donation was made to St. Joe's for their research and Dr. Wynn was speaking about it. I cried watching it and seeing the oncology kids putting their handprints on the SUV that will be auctioned. Dr. Wynn is an amazing doctor and I am thankful he brought so much joy to a little girl who was so smitten with him. Thank you, Dr. Wynn we will never forget you and I am sure Sierra is still beaming down looking at you with so much love.


I am still going to my Griefshare class and it is going well. Danny goes from time to time. We definitely need the healing even though we will forever miss our baby girl. When I think about the holidays it hurts that her physical presence will not be here with us. She made the holidays such a joy. It will never be the same...nothing will.


We have family coming this weekend and I (ugh!!) have to take Arielle to find a dress for Homecoming. I love going shopping with her because we both are pretty much the same but dress shopping with her is torture. Pure torture. We disagree on what looks right on her and so this will probably not be fun. Pray for me!!!


I let Dano do something that most parents don't let their sons do till they are older but I didn't see the big deal. Most of his friends and a lot of young guys in my family has them so he got his ears pierced. I think he looks really cute. I will try and post a pic soon. I thought my mom was going to strangle me but she was cool with it. Arielle has been wanting to get second holes in her ears but she is deathly afraid of needles, so who knows when that will happen. She may change her mind though.


Well, I guess that is all for now. Thanks for checking in and God bless you all!!

1 comments:

Anissa Mayhew said...

Mary Lynn,

I'm so glad that you're getting these little reminders that Sierra is never gone from our hearts. I would tell you that I found washcloths all over my living room, but that's not unusual, so it's an every day kind of thing. ;)

Tell Arielle if she wants to get her ears done again, I have EMLA!! And Peyton will come hold her hand.

Love
Anissa
www.hope4peyton.org

Site Meter

Followers

Blog Archive