CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Photobucket

Sierra 4 Ever

Tree Planted in Sierra's Memory

Tree Planted in Sierra's Memory
Thank you Mrs. Ray, Sierra's classmates & Valrico Elementary

Sierra's Video Montage Played At Her Service - Sierra Through The Years

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Then Sings My Soul Saturday



On one of my blogger friends blog (http://www.myspecialks.com/), I found out that today is 'Then Sings My Soul Saturday.' These are the instructions:




The instructions are easy. Just write a post on your blog about a song. It can be a song that has spoken to your heart during a difficult time... a song that brings back a special memory... a song that makes you want to sing along to the top of your lungs... a song that makes you glad... a song that makes you want to dance... a song that has inspired you... a song that makes you feel like the words were written just for you... a song that makes your soul sing. You can include the lyrics or maybe include the You Tube video. After you write the post, go to Signs, Miracles and Wonders and link your post to Mr. Linky at the bottom of the page. Then you can read about all the other songs and stories that are posted.




The song I choose would have to be Ooh Child by the Five Stairstep. Here are the lyrics:




Ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier


Ooh-oo child, things'll getbrighter


Ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier


Ooh-oo child, things'll be brighter


Some day, yeah


We'll put it together and we'll get it all done


Some day


When your head is much lighter


Some day, yeah


We'll walk in the rays of a beautiful sun


Some day


When the world is much brighter


Ooh-oo child, things are gonna be easier


Ooh-oo child, things'll be brighter


Ooh-oo child, things are gonna be easier


Ooh-oo child, things'll be brighter


Some day, yeah


We'll put it together and we'll get it all done


Some day


When your head is much lighter


Some day, yeah


We'll walk in the rays of a beautiful sun


Some day


When the world is much brighter


Some day, some day, some day


We'll get it together and we'll get it all done


Some day


When your head is much lighter


Some day, some day, some day


We'll walk in the rays of a beautiful sun


Some day


When the world is much brighter


Ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier


Ooh-oo child, things'll be brighter


Ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier


Ooh-oo child, things'll be brighter


Right now


You just wait and see how things are gonna be


Right now...


Sierra and I sang pretty much everytime we were on our way to clinic. I would sit her in the back seat to my right so when I get the chance, I would look at her and sing the words with her. This was our "Cancer you are not gonna beat us and we WILL see brighter days...someday.




Even though Sierra won her battle in Heaven (how I wished it could have been here) she got her someday...with Jesus. Her someday is now filled with eternal happiness and good health.




My someday will be the day I am reunited with her. The day I will never have to let her go again.




For now, I am to make the most of my today with my 2 children and my husband. I am to do all I can to be a voice for childhood cancer. Right now I have today...but one day I will have my Someday with my Sierra.




Ooh Child will always be one of Sierra's and my special songs.

2 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Thank you for sharing such an intimate part of your life with us. What a beautiful memory & song. What a joy to know that you will one day see her again. Beautiful post!

Debra Kaye said...

When I read the words "she won her battle in Heaven" I could finally take a breath again.

Thank you for your transparency into your sweet daughters song.

Blessings to you today!!

Site Meter

Followers

Blog Archive