CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Photobucket

Sierra 4 Ever

Tree Planted in Sierra's Memory

Tree Planted in Sierra's Memory
Thank you Mrs. Ray, Sierra's classmates & Valrico Elementary

Sierra's Video Montage Played At Her Service - Sierra Through The Years

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

God Spoke To Me Through My Grandma


My mother's mother was very special to me. She was very close to her grandchildren and was a big part of my childhood. It was funny how she always got our names mixed up and well...who could blame her...she had to remember the names of 36 grandchildren, 25 are boys and 11 are girls. Sometimes in calling me she would say "Evelyn" or "Madeline" in which I would reply "Mama (that is what we all called her) I am Mary Lynn, Evelyn is older and Madeline is younger." Then she would laugh. Anyway, when I was about 18 my grandmother spoke to me about a daughter she had that died at the age of 4. My grandparents originally had 13 children and 4 had passed away. I believe 3 died as young infants in a time where now they have shots to prevent certain diseases that killed many babies long ago. My aunt who I have never met (my mom doesn't even remember her) was missed terribly by my grandmother. She told me that she missed her very much and thought about her a lot. She told me how pretty she was and how much she loved her. I wondered then why she was sharing that with me but I also thought it was nice of her to have. My grandma passed away in 1985 and we all still miss her very much. I never thought about this conversation about her daughter (my aunt) until Sierra passed away. I realized then that God was having my grandmother share this with me because I was going to experience the death of a child to. I asked my family if she ever talked to them about her daughter but they all said no, it seems she only shared this with me. I now know why. My grandmother helped me even though physically she is not here with me, she helped me know that somehow you do get through. It will always hurt but you do get through. Thank you God for letting my grandma share her experience with me.

1 comments:

Anissa Mayhew said...

MaryLynn,

I don't even know how to tell you how much I love that you are pulling love and comfort from people who are not even there to put their arms around you anymore. How is that conversation not totally a God thing? I'm so sorry you don't have Sierra anymore but I love you more for your faith and friendship. You are a gift.

Site Meter

Followers

Blog Archive