CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Photobucket

Sierra 4 Ever

Tree Planted in Sierra's Memory

Tree Planted in Sierra's Memory
Thank you Mrs. Ray, Sierra's classmates & Valrico Elementary

Sierra's Video Montage Played At Her Service - Sierra Through The Years

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's My Anniversary



I got married on September 2, 1990, I cannot believe it has been 18 years. Danny and I dated for 5 years, we were engaged for 2 of them. We have had a lot of ups and downs but still manage to stick it out and stay together. I have to say the "stay together" part is mostly him. I am the "i'm over it and I am out the door" type of person. I definately keep him on his toes. A lot of people compare us to Doug & Carrie of King of Queens. There are differences but I do see some resemblances. Sometimes certain conversations or arguments they have, I turn to Danny and say "didn't we have that same conversation?" Pretty wierd. Danny is definately the more affectionate type, me not so much. At one time we took a "love language" test and found out that what tells me he loves me is (a) acts of service and (b) buying me things. Okay, I know I am a little shallow but to me action speaks way more louder than words. So, the hugs and the I love yous are nice but not my love language. Danny's love language is (a) signs of affection and (b) words of encouragement. So, when I buy him the latest electronic gadget he will love it but not as much as "Honey, I am so desperately in love with you and love you more today than I did yesterday and here's a big hug and a long passionate kiss." Yeah, I just don't get it but I do try. Divorce rates are high when you have a child with special needs (we got through that), higher when you have a child with cancer (survived that) and even higher when your child passes away (currently dealing with that). We have beaten many odds before and we got through it together. I must say I give my husband all the credit for it. We have had family situations, money situations, and then the worst of it the death of our precious baby girl. I am amazed at his efforts to keep us all together. Danny is definatey the glue that holds our relationship together and I am so thankful for that. He can annoy the &*^% out of me but I am glad he is my man, my partner and my best friend. Happy Anniversary, Dan...I love you!!

Above is the song we danced to at our wedding. We didn't have a special song. Are couples supposed to do that? I never really got the "you are a couple now so pick a meaningful song that if you get married you can dance to it." I wished we had so that I did not feel the pressure of finding a special song. Danny dedicated songs like "I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight" songs that showed the guy all heartbroken...not a good choice for a 1st dance. This song was hot at the time, was a guy and girl singing (Yup, thats Danny Wahlburg in that hairdo, I am sure he is regretting that look) and pretty fitting for a first dance song. So, I hope you like it. It is bringing back lots of memories of my wedding. The big hair, the mullets, the New York accents, vogueing to Madonna, Hammertime and of course lots of love, food, laughter and fun!!! Enjoy!!

5 comments:

Mum said...

Happy Anniversary Danny and Mary Lynn. :)
Yesterday Scott saw a big beautiful butterfly sitting on a flower beside the pool, he smiled and said, "Sierra is watching me".
You are always in our thoughts, our words too, we talk about Sierra often and we miss her.
Love to you all,
Stephanie

Anissa Mayhew said...

Happy Anniversary, Danny and Mary Lynn. You deserve all the happiness and joy life can bring. You have made it through some tremendously hard times, things most of us can only imagine. I have faith in my heart that God's going to bring you the rest of the way, hand in hand.

DANNY! Remember! THE BLING!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! I hope this year is a wonderful year for both of you.

Angel Gabi's Mommy said...

Happy belated Anniversary!

I was intrigued by your blog and have read much of it. I love your layout by the way, great minds think alike;)

I want you to know that our family has been saying many prayers for you and your family. It has been a year since we lost Gabi and everyday it gets harder. Of course we are more at peace, but we had so few memories to begin with that they just get more distant everyday. I am sorry that sounds so harsh, but I am not one to hold back the truth, no matter how painful it may be. I love my Gabi more than life itself and I miss her dearly. It is so hard to believe that she is in a better place, I thought being here with mommy and daddy was the best thing for her.
I hope that as the days pass you find comfort and rejoice in the times you had with your beautiful angel Sierra. She has a smile that is infectious! I am always reminded that we are one of the few who were touched by our very own angel. I love that thought!

If you ever want to talk I want you to know I am here. We were the chosen ones and for that I know and trust God and his plan with our special angels!

Love and Prayers,
Micah

Natalie Willis said...

Alright so I know I am late...story of my life! :-) Hope it was a great anniversary! You deserve every smile, every joy and each bit of love that comes your way!
Love,
Natalie
www.believeinmandy.blogspot.com

Site Meter

Followers

Blog Archive