CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Photobucket

Sierra 4 Ever

Tree Planted in Sierra's Memory

Tree Planted in Sierra's Memory
Thank you Mrs. Ray, Sierra's classmates & Valrico Elementary

Sierra's Video Montage Played At Her Service - Sierra Through The Years

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Bringing Home Kellsey


I have a special blogger friend who I met through the internet. Her daughter Kennedy has Down Syndrome and battled (and won...yay!!) Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Kennedy is such a beautiful little girl who reminds me of Sierra in so many ways. If you would like to visit her blog it is http://www.myspecialks.com/2008/12/this-post.html. Renee (Kennedy's mom) is now in the process of adopting a little girl with Down Syndrome from Eastern Europe. Children with Down Syndrome from other countries that are not with their families get institutionalized by the age of 5. It is so sad and so many need to be placed in a loving home. The Garcia family is the perfect example of a loving home. The little girl is 2 and her name (for now) is Victoria but Renee plans to name her Kellsey. She will be another special K with 7 letters in her name like her brothers and sisters. The adoption process is long and there will be some red tape (praying for that to all go smooth) and of course pricey at $22,000. If you would like to and could help in making a donation please visit Kellsey's page http://www.aspecialkadoption.blogspot.com/ and as I always say no amount is too small.


Danny and I are thinking about doing this as well but of course no major decisions for a year. The kids are in full support because they are missing having a little one in the house. We are praying about it and letting God lead the way in this. We fell in love with Leah...and who knows if she is meant to be ours...God will make a way. Do you want to see Leah? Here is the link http://reecesrainbow.blogspot.com/2008/10/october-31-leah.html. I am of course scared of the cancer risk and do not want to go through that again but I will give that to God and see how everything pans out. What do you think? If you don't want to post a response on here that is okay...you can email me at Kesler5_289@msn.com.


Thanks and please help the Garcia family bring Kellsey home!!

2 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Thanks for posting this!!! I LOVE Leah! Seriously. She is my most favorite of the waiting angels (since Victoria is already claimed! LOL) I know what you mean about the cancer risk, it is one of the things that had me dragging my feet for SO long. Do you know the Newbold Family? They lost their little Chloe (who had Ds) to AML last year too... they since have brought home a little boy with Ds and are in the process of bringing home a little girl too! Their link is on Kellsey's blogroll. I'll keep your family in prayer as you make this decision, I personally think it's a GREAT idea! :)

Faithful Froggers said...

Thinking of you all this holiday season. May God wrap you in His peace.

Adoption is a beautiful thing . . . I will be praying for you!

Site Meter

Followers

Blog Archive